What is “ICL’s Wellness service” ?
- The primary focus of this program is on prevention non-communicable diseases before the individuals undergo irreversible change in their body cause a chronic disease.
- The ICL’s wellness program is conducted in accordance with the STEPwise approach of the World Health Organization (WHO) in order to prevent Non-Communicable Disease. It includes a three levels approach:
(1) Assess demographic and behavioral risk factors for NCDs,
- The Wellness program uses a structured questionnaire adapted from the WHO STEPwise approach. It contains information regarding sociodemographic characteristics, presence any comorbidity, behavior factors assessment such as physical activity, tobacco and alcohol use, and family history of diabetes, hypertension, and cardiac illness.
(2) Physical measurements,
- Physical measurement will be carried out by trained “wellness health professionals”. This includes
- Blood pressure (BP) measurement
- Body composition
- Skeletal muscle mass,
- Extra-Cellular Water,
- Intra-Cellular Water,
- Total Body Water,
- Body Fat,
- Body Lean + Dry Lean,
- Metabolic Rates,
- Segmental Lean Mass,
- Segmental Body Fat mass,
- % Segmental Body Fat, and
- Energy expenditure of activity
- Six lead electrocardiogram (ECG)
(3) Biochemical tests
- The Wellness essential package contain more than 63 blood tests which in addition there are several add-on tests are also available upon requests by the client and samples were collected in the morning after an overnight fasting. These tests include
4. Result health education and promotion
- A compressive report will be prepared for each client stating all the test result and physical measurement along with recommendation and life style modification advises. The report can be in printout or digital format.
- In addition, health education and health promotion will be given by trained “wellness professionals” on prevention method and dietary intake
5. Linkage with “Hello Doctor”
- Client in need further medical advice or follow up will be connected with “Hello Doctor” for consultation and link them to treatment facilities
- Wellness essential package – 1290 birr
Head office - AA1 – (Please add location on map)
CMC Michael Area Branch AA6- (please Add location on map)
Disclaimer- This program is designed to promote health awareness and encourage prevention. It is not intended to replace the patient physics relation but to encourage patients continued discussion with their physician.